● Information Collected and How it is Used (Sec. A)
● Personal Information and Choice (Sec. B)
● Cookies (Sec. C)
● Security (Sec. D)
● A Special Note for Parents Concerning Privacy (Sec. E)
● Disclaimer (Sec. F)
● Revision (Sec. G)
Section A: Information Collected and How it is Used
What we collect if you only browse our websites:
If you do nothing during your visit to one of our other websites but browse, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain limited information about your visit. You should know that this information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
1. The Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain name used. The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your internet service or directly to your computer. We use the IP address to direct internet traffic to you. This address can be translated to determine the domain name of your service provider (e.g., abc-company.com, xyz-school.edu, and so on);
2. The type of browser and operating system you used;
3. The date and time you visited this site;
4. The web pages or services you accessed at this site; and
5. The website you visited prior to coming to this site.
The information we automatically collect or store is used by us only for the purpose of improving the content of our web services and to help us understand how people are using our services so that we may continually improve the performance, suitability and usefulness of our websites to you, our customers and potential customers.
What we collect if you volunteer information:
If during your visit to one of our websites you participate in a survey, send an e-mail, or perform some other transaction (see Sec. C) on-line, the following additional information will be collected:
1. The e-mail address, and contents of e-mail, for those who communicate with us via e-mail;
2. Information volunteered in response to a survey or by participating in a contest or other promotion sponsored by us;
3. Information volunteered during your registration on one of our websites; and
4. Information volunteered through an on-line form for any other purpose, including requests to receive samples or marketing information, credit applications, subscriptions to our newsletter, and use of our on-line order forms to order products or services.
We will use your e-mail to respond appropriately. This may be to respond to you or to address issues you may identify, to further improve our website. As an added service to you, we will also use this information to pre-populate on-line order forms to save you time in the ordering and re-ordering process.
Section B: Personal Information and Choice
You may always choose whether to provide personal information to us on-line.
Personal information is information about a natural person that is readily identifiable to that individual. Personal information includes such things as an individual’s name, address and phone number. A domain name or IP address is not considered personal information.
As an example, knowing your name lets us welcome you to one of our websites the next time you visit our website. All such information helps us provide a more useful on-line shopping experience and provide you with enhanced customer service.
Please note that we will collect no personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You may always choose not to contact us by e-mail, participate in a survey or to provide any personal information using an on-line form. Alternative methods for contacting us in person, by phone or by mail are available by using the information in the Contact Information section at the end of this policy (see Sec. K). Your choice to not participate in these activities on-line will not impair your ability to browse our website and to read or download any information provided on the site.
In the event we are required to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process, your personal information may be disclosed pursuant to such subpoena, court order or other legal process, which may be without notice to you.
Section C: Cookies
To serve our on-line users, we use “cookies” to customize your browsing experience with us. Cookies are small data files transferred to your computer by your web browser. Most importantly, cookies created on your computer by using this website do not contain personally identifying information and do not compromise your privacy or security. The exception to this would be where you have registered on our website and volunteered personal information, unless you have logged out following your visit or you have disabled cookies during your visit. We use the cookie feature only to store a randomly generated identifying tag on your computer.
Section D: Security
We have taken many steps to safeguard the integrity of our websites and to prevent unauthorized access to information maintained by us. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data and to block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.
However, it is important to recognize that whatever you transmit or disclose online could be collected and used by others or even unlawfully intercepted by third parties. No data transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us.
Section E: A Special Note for Parents Concerning Privacy
The internet offers many educational opportunities for children. However, parental guidance and supervision is necessary to ensure a safe and rewarding online experience. Although our site is a general audience site, we do not collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we receive any information from persons we believe to be minors, that information will be purged from our database and in accordance with any applicable laws.
Section F: Disclaimer
Section G: Revision